The B.Tech course in IT was started in the year 2001 with an intake of 30 students.7 batches have rolled out since then. The department has been giving importance to the development of computer laboratories by procuring the state-of-the-art hardware and licensed software. At present the department has installed high end systems connected to servers that include UNIX server, Netware, Windows 2000 and Windows NT. Procurement of high end servers, upgradation of the system by way of memory enhancements and procurement of licensed software on the latest tools are planned and executed from time to time.
In addition to the classroom teaching, the students are exposed to guest/extension lectures by eminent persons in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology. The department has started the student branch of Computer Society of India, in the college premises by making all the students of CSE & IT its members thus associating the college with the noble cause of bringing computer awareness among the general public which is the main goal of CSI.
The department has also conducted an event named AVISHKAR, in the year 2009, to test various programming skills of students in C programming through the events coding, debugging, and quiz. These events provide the enthusiastic students the platform and opportunity to showcase their nascent and inherent skills. The department is rich with the right mix of senior and junior level faculty with Professors, ASSOC Professor, and Assistant Professors. The faculty of the department is actively engaged in conducting research in Artificial Neural Networks and Software Engineering.
The department has set a goal of evolving the computing facilities into a full-fledged research and development center.
Short-Term Goals of CSE & IT
1. To make efforts in getting the department accredited by NBA
2. To organize a national level faculty development program in Electronic Commerce 3. To organize an Industrial Tour for the students for CSE & IT
4. To achieve 80% pass percentage for the students of CSE & IT
5. To achieve campus placements for at least 50% of the students
6. To encourage faculty to carry out consultancy and research work.
1. To develop state of the art laboratories for software development
2. To organize a national level conference in Advance in Engineering and Research -2011
3. To achieve 100% pass percentage for the students of CSE & IT
4. To achieve campus placements for 90% of the students
5. To make the department a centre of excellence in respect of R&D activities
6. To collaborate and get sanction of projects from organizations like UGC, AICTE, CSIR, DRDO, and software industries
7. To develop links with reputed educational institutions in India and abroad.
|S. No||Name of Faculty||Designation||Qualification|